The safeguarding and protection of young people is the responsibility of everyone. TeachLearn has robust safeguarding procedures that are shaped around the needs not only of schools and children, but our candidates too. We take our guidance from national legislation such as Keeping Children Safe in Education, and update it regularly.
We will guide candidates and schools through every step, including:
● NCTL Confirmation (as appropriate to role) and QTS/QTLS check
● Prohibition Order Check
● Fully enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List Check
● New DBS will be applied if it has been over 12 months since date of issue (and no update service sign up)
● Childcare Disqualification Declaration
● Minimum two references covering two years
● 10 years of documented work history
● All gaps in classroom working history checked and verified
● Overseas police check (if applicable)
● Proof of ID and Right to Work in the UK
● Evidence of qualifications and training
● Face-to-face interview and consultation.
All candidates must also complete the following documentation:
● TeachLearn Recruitment Contract
● Declaration of Criminal Convictions
● Medical and Health Declaration
● Competency Questionnaire
Such is our commitment to this, that our two directors are both trained to Level III in Safeguarding and Child Protection, and have both held Designated Safeguarding Leads in their roles in schools.